The Emergency Medicine Club provides students with an interest in Emergency Medicine the opportunity to learn, develop and practice skills that are pertinent to Emergency Medicine. The practice of these techniques will benefit students during their rotations and residency. The EM club serves as a centralized source of information to expose students and provide opportunities for those interested in a career in EM. The club operates through its commitment to osteopathic medicine and participates in service activities within the Erie community.
Club activities include:
- Radiology review, suture clinic, IV clinic, intubation lab, surgical airway lab, ultrasound clinic
- Guest speakers on topics regarding pursuing a career in EM from different perspectives: 4th year medical student, resident and attending
- Community service projects: Refugee health fair, Relay for Life, and Celebrate Erie
PRESIDENT: Demetria Xenos
VICE PRESIDENT: Jenna Allen
SECRETARY: Najia Ali
TREASURER: Mitchell Casey
HISTORIAN: Shane Farrell
News & Events
- Through our STOP THE BLEED® course, you’ll gain the ability to recognize life-threatening bleeding and intervene effectively. The purpose of the STOP THE BLEED® campaign is to make our nation more resilient by better preparing the public to save lives if people nearby…
- Emergency Medicine Club is hosting a t-shirt sale, see their facebook and instagram for more details on how to order!
- The LECOM Emergency Medicine Club will be hosting a Rapid Sequence Intubation Course on Thursday, Oct. 29th at 5:30 where Dr. Risavi will cover the advanced technique of RSI used to secure patient airways in emergency situations.